from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • transitive v. To cover (a road surface) with loose material that is not worked in.
  • transitive v. To cover (farmland) with fertilizer.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To cover a surface with loose material; especially to cover newly-sown seeds with a light dressing of soil or fertilizer

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • transitive v. To apply a surface dressing of manureto,as land.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To manure on the surface, as land.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • v. scatter manure or fertilizer over (land)


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.