from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The upper part of a foundry molding-box or flask, when the latter is made in two parts for the convenient molding of surfaces of revolution by parting them through the meridian section, or the section of maximum area. Same as the cope or nowel, when the lower part is called the drag.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.