from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A tool applied to the top of the work, in distinction from a tool inserted in the anvil and on which the work is placed.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A forging-tool resembling a cold-chisel or a short thick spike, held when in use by means of a flexible handle of hazel-wood or wire. When its cutting edge is round it is called a top-fuller.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.