from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. An artist’s tool used to smudge and blend a drawing made from charcoal, pencil, or pastel, consisting of a tightly-wound stick of soft, fibrous paper, and sanded to a point at one end like a pencil.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In charcoal-drawing, a kind of paper stump, made of strips of paper rolled so as to form a point.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.