from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small, thick-bodied moths of the family Tortricidae, including the leaf rollers, having larvae that feed on the leaves of trees such as oak, pine, and larch.
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Tortricidae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the large moth family Tortricidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Tortix, or the family Tortricidæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, of or belonging to the lepidopterous family Tortricidæ, or having their characters.
- In herpetology, belonging to the ophidian family Tortricidæ, or having their characters.
- n. In entomology, a moth of the family Tortricidæ.
- n. In herpetology, a serpent of the family Tortricidæ; a cylinder-snake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous small moths having lightly fringed wings; larvae are leaf rollers or live in fruits and galls
· The tortricid moth Adoxophyes aurata (attacks leaves in Asia including Papua New Guinea);