from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a decision based on chance, for example by flipping a coin or rolling a dice.
- v. To throw something upwards.
- v. To produce, generate.
- v. To cook something quickly.
- v. To casually mention as an idea
Sorry, no etymologies found.
– Now though as easy a man you would think as any in the wide world, there was no such thing as making him unsay one of these sort of vows,12 which he had learned to reverence when young, as I well remember teaching him to toss up for bog berries on my knee.