from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having tracheae. Used of arthropods.
- n. A tracheate arthropod.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any arthropod with tracheae; one of the Tracheata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Breathing by means of tracheæ; of or pertaining to the Tracheata.
- n. Any arthropod having tracheæ; one of the Tracheata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a trachea or tracheæ; pertaining to the Tracheata or Trachearia; tracheary.
- n. Any tracheate arthropod; a tracheary.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Hexapoda: tracheate arthropods with head, thorax and abdomen distinct, and only six legs in the adult stage: the true insects.