from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A genus of carangoid fishes, of fusiform shape, with the hinder part of the lateral line plated, the shoulder-girdle with a deep cross furrow at its junction with the isthmus, and the eye very large. T. crumenophthalmus is the big-eyed scad, also called goggler and goggle-eyed jack (which see, under goggleeyed).


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.