from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A record of actual performance or accomplishment: a job applicant with an excellent track record.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The past performance of a person, organization, or product, viewed in its entirety and usually for the purpose of making a judgment.
- n. The fastest time on a specific racetrack it has taken any Thoroughbred to complete a set race distance on a specific surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fastest time ever recorded for a specific distance at a particular racetrack
- n. the sum of recognized accomplishments
Community-based programs that have a proven track record in preventing unwanted pregnancies-both by encouraging abstinence and by promoting the proper use of contraception-deserve broad support.
“Rail-birds bristle at the misuse of track record,” vents Dan Hely of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, who reminds us that the track record for the mile and a half at Belmont is 2 minutes, 24 seconds, held by Secretariat since 1973.
The MDRI provides debt relief when a country has a proven track record of reforms ensuring that resources are used for poverty reduction and for key programmes such as economic infrastructure, health and education.
Phelan and her co-researchers compared the diets of NWCR members with those of people who recently lost weight but had no track record of maintaining.
The prebreakeven gross participation is typically given to talent with a strong track record who have not yet qualified for dollar-one gross status.
These funds have a poor track record because of overdiversification.
It was about this time that the RLC was looking for someone with a good campaign track record and strong connections among the moderates to help revitalize it.
And it leads you to think that, based on track record and/or stuff, that anyone, including Boyer and Howry, can still turn their season around.
Where such an independent company is founded upon established talent with an average per-picture performance track record higher than that of the average major studios, the rates of return will be sufficiently high to justify such equity investment.
The Australian Government is under no illusions about the political risks in Zimbabwe, and the track record of Mr Mugabe and ZANU-PF.