from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A trestle or system of trestles, as that supporting a bridge.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A series of trestles and connected framing, supports, etc., forming a viaduct, as for a railway.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun A viaduct, pier, scaffold, or the like, resting on trestles connected together.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun a system of trestles, especially one used to support a bridge

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a supporting structure composed of a system of connected trestles; for a bridge or pier or scaffold e.g.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.