from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tub.
- n. The forming of a tub.
- n. Collectively, materials for tubs.
- n. A lining of timber or metal around the shaft of a mine, especially a series of cast-iron cylinders bolted together, used to enable those who sink a shaft to penetrate quicksand, water, etc., with safety.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The forming of a tub; also, collectively, materials for tubs.
- n. A lining of timber or metal around the shaft of a mine; especially, a series of cast-iron cylinders bolted together, used to enable those who sink a shaft to penetrate quicksand, water, etc., with safety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of making tubs.
- n. Material for tubs.
- n. In mining, a method of keeping out the water in sinking a shaft in very watery ground; also, the material employed for this.
- n. The act or process of bathing or of being bathed in a tub; a tub-bath.
- n. The act of racing in tubs. See tub-race.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We just did something called tubbing and tasting, where we worked with three merchants.
As a rule, he and his mates rose betimes and, clad in slippers and pajamas, raced up and down the decks to keep their muscles in hard order, before descending for the tubbing which is the matin duty of every self-respecting British subject.
I admire the English for the 'tubbing' which is made such a subject of jest against them by other people.
In the continuous working of pits, even where "tubbing" is used to keep the water out of the shaft as much as possible, the quantity of water is not unusually seven or eight times as great as that of the coal raised.
Because Deception is still active, this is a shoreline where the water is sufficiently thermally heated for hot tubbing.
MICKEY: Marsden, who plays Cam and Mitchell's hunky, hot-tubbing neighbor, isn't the episode's only guest star.
Then she announced to her son that she was going hot-tubbing in the nude.
We went to clubs on Sunset, hit the slopes in northern Arizona, caught a striptease act in the French Quarter with another couple, and spent a night among friends hot-tubbing and sipping daiquiris in the Santa Cruz Mountains after a day of crabbing near Half Moon Bay.
We had a ball - eating meals together, spending money, saving money, celebrating Christy's birthday with ice-cream cake on Saturday night, missing our husbands and the boys, swimming, and hot-tubbing, and shopping til we dropped.
Hot tubbing thankfully there are no photos of my Thursday in the hot tub; let's leave it at re-learning, yet again, that too much tequila is BAD.