from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To swell or cause to swell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to cause to swell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To swell; to cause to swell, or puff up.
- intransitive v. To rise in a tumor; to swell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To swell, or cause to swell or be tumid.
- To swell; become tumid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. expand abnormally
- v. cause to become very swollen
French tuméfier, Latin tumefacere; see tumefaction.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.