from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive & intransitive verb To swell or cause to swell.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To swell, or cause to swell or be tumid.
- To swell; become tumid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To rise in a tumor; to swell.
- transitive verb To swell; to cause to swell, or puff up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb to cause to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb expand abnormally
- verb cause to become very swollen
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French tuméfier, Latin tumefacere; see tumefaction.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.