from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A turbinate formation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of spinning or whirling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of spinning or whirling, as a top.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of turbinating, or the state of being turbinate.
- n. That which is turbinated; a whorled or scroll-like formation, as a shell.
Compare Latin tirbinatio a pointing in the form of a cone. See turbinate. (Wiktionary)