from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of several oaks that grow on dry, sandy barrens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun large deciduous tree of central and southern Europe and Asia Minor having lanceolate leaves with spiked lobes
- noun small slow-growing deciduous shrubby tree of dry sandy barrens of southeastern United States having leaves with bristle-tipped lobes resembling turkey's toes
- noun small semi-evergreen shrubby tree of southeastern United States having hairy young branchlets and leaves narrowing to a slender bristly point
- noun large round-topped deciduous tree with spreading branches having narrow falcate leaves with deeply sinuate lobes and wood similar to that of northern red oaks; New Jersey to Illinois and southward
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.