from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • an attachment fitted to a lathe or other machinery which holds a variety of tools which can act on the object being worked, and which are interchangeable by a pivoting motion, thus allowing efficient performance of multiple operations; -- also called a turret.
  • n. a vertical cylindrical revolving tool holder for bringing different tools into action successively in a machine, as in a lathe.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The revolving head of a bolt-cutter.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.