from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having a single main costa, rib, or riblike part.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having but one rib; in botany, noting those leaves which have one large vein running down the center, called the midrib. Those having more than one great division are called
- In zoology, having a single costa, rib, or nervure, as an insect's wing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Having a single rib or strong nerve running upward from the base; -- said of a leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having a single
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
uni- + costate
Sorry, no example sentences found.