from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Producing only one egg or offspring at a time.
- adjective Having produced only one offspring; primiparous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Producing one at a birth: as, uniparous animals. In botany, having but one axis or branch: as, a uniparous cyme.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Producing but one egg or young at a time.
- adjective (Bot.) Producing but one axis of inflorescence; -- said of the scorpioid cyme.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective zoology Producing a single
eggor offspringat one time
- adjective botany Having a
clusterof flowersthat form a single axisat each branching
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective producing only one offspring at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.