from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of unlay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not laid, not placed
- adj. not laid by exorcism
- adj. not having had sexual intercourse
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of unlay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not laid or placed; not fixed.
- adj. Not allayed; not pacified; not laid finally to rest.
- adj. Not laid out, as a corpse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not laid or placed; not fixed.
- Not allayed; not pacified; not exorcised; not suppressed.
- Not laid out, as a corpse. Nautical, untwisted, as the strands of a rope.
I am like the lamb of man soon finished, the singer hen suffering the unlaid egg, stupefied by the easy murmuring of twilight.
My eyes were sufficiently accustomed to the darkness that she showed as a pale shape in the murk, a premature and unlaid ghost.
One of their challenges last night was to create dishes using some pretty strange items: Grasshoppers, jellyfish, chicken feet, cock's combs, unlaid eggs, stinky tofu, sea cucumber, eel, and 2 other items escaping my memory.
Speaking of noms, how can wit get you unlaid, Nommy?
Nothing gets you unlaid faster than having a witty comeback for getting complimented on your looks.
& 4: I meant "unpaid" not unlaid. (sorry, leftie activists -- slip of tounge -- i must have been reviewing the latest WA public education initiatives from pressure groups.)
That's not to say you can't wander the world as a mendicant, or weigh 400 pounds and happy, or live alone and unlaid...but you won't COMPLAIN about it, will you?
They will taunt and tease the audience, but in the end, the perennially unlaid Jackson will do another Spiritual Guide routine.
Occasionally we lighted upon land tortoises, which, with their unlaid eggs, make a very agreeable dish.
FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASIONS you may want to serve caviar Caviar is the preserved roe as yet unlaid eggs of various species of sturgeon found around the world; it is classified as beluga, osetra, and sevruga.