from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by an abnormal outward turning of a bone, especially of the hip, knee, or foot.
- adj. Knock-kneed.
- n. A valgus bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. knock-kneed (having the distal part of a limb displaced or twisted away from the midline of the body)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bow-legged man. The term genu valgum is incorrectly employed for knock-knee, bow-legs being designated by genu varum.
- n. A form of clubfoot characterized by eversion of the foot: more fully called talipes valgus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a deformity in which there is an abnormal displacement of part of a limb away from the midline of the body
While he was studying equinus, varus, and valgus, that is to say,
Decreasing the inward angulation or valgus of the knee may help to limit an inappropriate forward rocking of the pelvis and thus decrease the relative extension occuring at the junction between pelvis and lumbar spine.
We treat disorders and deformities of the foot and ankle as well as clubfoot, vertical talus, hallux valgus, fractures and other trauma.
Also in contrast to certain shoe designs, Giro wanted a neutral platform, free of any built-in varus or valgus wedge or cant.
He's closely examined Meresamun's feet -- toes, toenails, vessels, and tendons all intact -- and learned that her right big toe points more laterally than the others, a condition known today as halex valgus, one of the steps toward developing a bunion.
Sihid on mul olemas ning see helge valgus ka kusagilt paistab... argipäev on siiski pigem raskused ja käänakud... seetõttu ongi tunnustus tore asi...
The Latin name for this is hallux valgus (hallux for big toe, valgus for bent outward).
Aga valgus langes majade vahel nagu oleks keegi seda pannud ja suitsumasinat ka kasutanud, et ikka efektsem oleks (ma rääkisin, et saastatud õhk).
Hallux valgus is a deformity that can lead to what ailment?
Sest valgus muutub selles paigas pidevalt, teda on palju ja ta peegeldub ja teeb täppe.