from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An acid containing a vanadate group, especially HVO3, H3VO4, or H4V2O7, not existing in a pure state.
- n. See vanadium pentoxide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various hydrated forms of vanadium pentoxide
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an acid analogous to phosphoric acid, not known in the free state but forming a well-known series of salts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various oxyacids of vanadium; known mostly in the form of its salts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.