from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hard ivorylike material obtained from the ivory nut and used in making small objects such as buttons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The nutlike seed of the South American tagua palm; used to make small items such as buttons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Ivory nut, under Ivory.
- n. the meat of the ivory nut. See Ivory nut (above).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nutlike seed of a South American palm; the hard white shell takes a high polish and is used for e.g. buttons
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.