from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One skilled in the use of words.
- n. One who favors words over ideas or substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who possesses verbal or oratorical skill.
- n. One who favors words or the wording of something over its meaning or the idea behind it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A literal adherent to, or a minute critic of, words; a literalist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals in words merely; one skilled in words; a literal adherent to or a minute critic of words; a literalist; a verbarian.
Sorry, no etymologies found.