from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A blistering agent, especially mustard gas, used in chemical warfare.
  • adj. Causing blisters.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. Causing blistering to the skin.
  • n. Any material that causes blisters upon contact with the skin.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A vesicatory.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • Producing a bleb or blister; blistering; epispastic; vesicatory.
  • n. A vesicating agent; an epispastic or vesicatory, as cantharides; a blister.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a chemical agent that causes blistering (especially mustard gas)
  • adj. causing blisters


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.