from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A deputy or an assistant chancellor in a university.
- noun A deputy to or a substitute for a head of state or an official bearing the title chancellor.
- noun Law A judge in equity courts ranking below a chancellor.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The deputy or substitute of a chancellor.
- noun In the Roman Catholic Church, the cardinal at the head of the department of the Roman chancery which drafts and expedites the bulls and briefs by which the mind of the Pope is made known to Christendom, or to particular suitors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a deputy or assistant to someone bearing the title of chancellor
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.