from The Century Dictionary.
- Made of twigs or shoots.
- In botany, made up of or bearing long, flexible twigs; viminal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to twigs; made of pliant twigs.
- adjective (Bot.) Producing long, slender twigs or shoots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to
- adjective botany Producing long, slender
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
He noticed some detail of the stonework in the arch as he swam toward it; he noticed the poplars, some three or four of different heights, which stood up all stiff and vimineous as seen from below, beside it; he remembered the Boy once saying they looked like hairy caterpillars standing on their heads, and smiled even now at the quaint conceit.
Likewise to make carts, because it is exceeding light; for vine, and hop-props, and divers vimineous works.
As in a hive's vimineous dome Ten thoufand bees enjoy their home;.