from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Tending to turn into glass.
- adjective Capable of being turned into glass.
- adjective Resembling glass; vitreous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Turning into glass; tending to become glass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Capable of being formed into glass; tending to become glass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective That can become
- adjective Characteristic of
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
This idea of the production of nodules of flint in chalk-beds is countenanced from the iron which generally appears as these flints become decomposed by the air; which by uniting with the iron in their composition reduces it from a vitrescent state to that of calx, and thus renders it visible.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.