from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. An instrument consisting of a glass tube with a graduated scale that shows the changes in volume of a gas or gaseous mixture.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. An instrument consisting essentially of a glass tube provided with a graduated scale, for exhibiting to the eye the changes of volume of a gas or gaseous mixture resulting from chemical action, etc.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A graduated glass tube for demonstrating the difference in volume of the components of a compound, especially when they are set free by chemical action.


volume +‎ -scope (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.