from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Quantitative analysis using accurately measured titrated volumes of standard chemical solutions.
- n. Analysis of a gas by volume.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various analytical methods and techniques in which the amount of a substance in a sample is determined by measuring the volume of a liquid or gas; especially any method using titration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. that system of the quantitative analysis of solutions which employs definite volumes of standardized solutions of reagents, as measured by burettes, pipettes, etc.; also, the analysis of gases by volume, as by the eudiometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. determination of the volume of gases (or changes in their volume) during combination
- n. quantitative analysis by the use of definite volumes of standard solutions or reagents
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.