from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Forceful attempts at vomiting without bringing up the contents of the stomach; retching.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Repeated ineffectual attempts at vomiting; retching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ineffectual attempt to vomit.
- n. The vomiting of but little matter; also, that vomiting which is effected with little effort.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ineffectual attempts to vomit; retching.
- n. The vomiting of but little matter, or vomiting with little effort.
When Termite discovers the words vomica, vomit, vomitive, vomitory, vomitorium, vomiturition, and vomitus in the dictionary, she comments that, Page 1,355 has got to be the best page of the dictionary ever.
In paralysis of sensation, the reflexes of coughing, vomiturition and vomiting are obtunded.
If the amount of scar tissue is small, the lumen maintains its mobility; opens and closes during respiration, cough, and vomiturition.