from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. An appliance having hinged indented plates that impress a grid pattern into waffle batter as it bakes.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A cooking appliance, with hinged, indented metal plates, used to make waffles.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. an iron utensil or mold made in two parts shutting together, -- used for cooking waffles over a fire.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An iron utensil for baking waffles over a fire, having two flat halves hinged together, one to contain the batter, the other to cover it.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a kitchen appliance for baking waffles; the appliance usually consists of two indented metal pans hinged together so that they create a pattern on the waffle


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.