from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horserace in which only a single horse competes
- n. An uncontested or very easy victory
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. In racing, the going over a course by a horse which has no competitor for the prize.
- n. A one-sided contest; an uncontested, or an easy, victory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In sporting, a race in which but one contestant appears, who, being obliged to go over the course, may walk instead of running; also, the winning of such a race; hence, figuratively, an easy victory; success gained without serious opposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. beat easily
- n. any undertaking that is easy to do
- n. backbends combined with handstands
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The race went from a walk-over for Allen to a nail-biter as "macaca" became a massive national story.
We already have the first result of the day, with Illlya Marchenko's shoulder injury giving Gilles Simon a walk-over through to the third round.
Barrett's biggest challenge is to try to convince state Republicans (and national observers) that the runoff is not simply a walk-over for Haley but a real race.
In what should be a walk-over victory for the Republicans against a scandal-plagued failed banker, they are running a wishy-washy congressman with serious credibility problems regarding his prior achievements which makes the race a tossup.
When Federer broke serve in only the third game, he looked good for a walk-over – until Soderling rallied strongly.
Everything personal is likely to be put on hold when the news breaks that the Persian King of kings Darius's vast army is marching on Greece, hoping its internal division will make its conquest a walk-over.
Sunday's game for gold was supposed to be a walk-over for the USA.
While the building code in most towns won't require a tear-off down to the sheathing unless your roof already has two layers, we at least a thorough sheathing inspection from beneath as well as an assessment of its condition during a walk-over evaluation.
Like the American Revolution from the British, Venezuela's Revolution in the name of Simon Bolivar is NOT going to be a walk-over!
Like the American Revolution, Venezuela's in the name of Liberator Simon Bolivar is NOT going to be a walk-over! yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Like the American Revolution, Venezuela\'s in the name of Liberator Simon Bolivar is NOT going to be a walk-over!'