from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, delicate fern (Asplenium ruta-muraria) that grows on rocks or in rocky crevices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a little fern (Asplenium Ruta-muraria) common on walls in Europe.
- n. a species of small fern (Asplenium Ruta-muraria) growing on walls, rocks, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small delicate fern, Asplenium Ruta-muraria, growing on walls and cliffs. Also called rue-fern, wall-pie, tentwort, and wall-rue spleenwort.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small delicate spleenwort found on a steep slope (as a wall or cliff) of Eurasia and North America
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.