from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tree, clausena lansium, cultivated in China and the East Indies.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tree (Cookia punctata) of the Orange family, growing in China and the East Indies; also, its fruit, which is about the size of a large grape, and has a hard rind and a peculiar flavor.
- n. The pickerel weed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of a tree, Clausena Wampi, of the Rutaceæ, tribe Aurantieæ, thus allied to the orange.
- n. See Pontederia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American plant having spikes of blue flowers and growing in shallow water of streams and ponds
From Mandarin 黃皮 (huáng pí, "wampee"), literally "yellow skin". (Wiktionary)