from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tree, clausena lansium, cultivated in China and the East Indies.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tree (Cookia punctata) of the Orange family, growing in China and the East Indies; also, its fruit, which is about the size of a large grape, and has a hard rind and a peculiar flavor.
- n. The pickerel weed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of a tree, Clausena Wampi, of the Rutaceæ, tribe Aurantieæ, thus allied to the orange.
- n. See Pontederia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American plant having spikes of blue flowers and growing in shallow water of streams and ponds
From Mandarin 黃皮 (huáng pí, "wampee"), literally "yellow skin". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.