from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An area in which military combat takes place.
- noun An area at sea in which ships are prone to being attacked during a war.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A region where war is
- noun A region where
structuresare damagedor in disarray, appearing similar to the effects of a military conflict.
- noun By extension, any area with a significant display of damage or disarray.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a combat zone where military operations are coordinated (especially a designated area in international waters where the rights of neutrals are not respected by nations at war)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
war + zone
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.