from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various plants, including the spurge and the nipplewort, formerly believed to cure warts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name given to several plants because they were thought to be a cure for warts, as a kind of spurge (Euphorbia Helioscopia), and the nipplewort (Lampsana communis).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common name for certain verrucariaceous lichens, so called from the warty appearance of the thallus.
- n. Same as wartweed. The name is occasionally applied also to the wart-cress or swine-cress, Senebiera Coronopus, and the cudweed, Gnaphalium uliginosum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. not unattractive European weed whose flowers turn toward the sun
wart + wort (Wiktionary)