from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shallow glass dish used as a beaker cover or evaporating surface.
- n. A concavo-convex glass or plastic disk used to cover the face of a watch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An item of glass laboratory equipment consisting of a simple slightly concave circle of glass. It is a general utility item, used to hold small samples, to evaporate liquids, to cover a beaker, and so on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A half-hour glass used to measure the time of a watch on deck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a protective cover that protects the face of a watch
- n. laboratory glassware; a shallow glass dish used as an evaporating surface or to cover a beaker
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.