from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A truck-mounted apparatus that fires water at high pressure, used especially to disperse crowds or control rioters.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A device that shoots a large amount water at high pressure through a hose-like tube.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a hose (carried on a truck) that fires water under high pressure to disperse crowds (especially crowds of rioters)


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.