from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pipe that is a conduit for water.
- n. An apparatus for smoking, such as a hookah, in which the smoke is drawn through a container of water or ice and cooled before inhaling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pipe that is a conduit for water; an essential element of plumbing.
- n. A device for smoking, such as a hookah or bong, in which the smoke is drawn through a container of water before inhaling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A pipe for conveying water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A narghile or hooka.
- n. A pipe for conveying water. Wright Vocabulary.
- n. A waterspout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an oriental tobacco pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.