from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A pipe that is a conduit for water.
- noun An apparatus for smoking, such as a hookah, in which the smoke is drawn through a container of water or ice and cooled before inhaling.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A pipe for conveying water. Wright Vocabulary.
- noun A waterspout.
- noun A narghile or hooka.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A pipe for conveying water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
pipethat is a conduitfor water; an essential element of plumbing.
- noun A
devicefor smoking, such as a hookahor bong, in which the smokeis drawn through a containerof water before inhaling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an oriental tobacco pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.