from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two brownish New World warblers (Seiurus noveboracensis or S. motacilla) living near streams and ponds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American warbler (Seiurus Noveboracensis).
- A North American bird of the genus Seiurus, belonging to the Warbler family, especially the common species (Seiurus Noveboracensis).
- The European water ousel.
- The pied wagtail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. brownish North American warbler found near streams
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.