from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A station between principal stations on a route, as of a railroad.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A station intermediate between principal stations on a railroad.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small railway station between the principal stations or a station where the train stops only on a signal.
- noun figuratively A service area or temporary lodging used during a longer journey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a stopping place on a journey
- noun a small railway station between the principal stations or a station where the train stops only on a signal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.