from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An ability to recognize quickly signs of changes in the weather.
- idiom (keep a/one's) To keep watch; stay alert.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An ability to predict
- noun by extension An ability to detect
undercurrentsand subtletiesin a situation.
- noun A
devicefor monitoringthe weather.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun vigilant attentiveness
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.