from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. One of the structural elements connecting the top and bottom flanges of a lattice girder or the outside members of a truss.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. one of the braces in a web system.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.