from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rat that infests wharves and ships.
- n. Slang A person who frequents wharves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An alternative term for the brown rat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A neglected boy who lives around the wharfs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who lives near wharves and lives by pilfering from ships or warehouses
- n. brown rat that infests wharves
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.