from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A rat that infests wharves and ships.
- noun Slang A person who frequents wharves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An alternative term for the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun someone who lives near wharves and lives by pilfering from ships or warehouses
- noun brown rat that infests wharves
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.