from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A firing mechanism in certain obsolete small arms, in which a small wheel produces sparks by revolving against a flint.
- noun A firearm using such a mechanism.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A lock for firing a gun by means of the friction of a small steel wheel against a piece of sulphuret of iron (pyrites).
- noun A combination-lock or letter-lock.
- noun A form of brake; a wagon-lock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an obsolete gunlock using flint and a revolving wheel
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.