from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that comes to the rescue; a savior.
- n. A person or company that rescues a targeted firm from a takeover attempt by buying the firm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An individual or corporation that intends to acquire another company in order to avert a hostile takeover.
- n. a hero, savior, or righteous individual
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a company that is a friendly acquirer in a takeover
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.