from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A timber tree (Pinus strobus) of eastern North America, having needles in clusters of five and durable, easily worked wood.
- noun Any of several other pines having needles in clusters of five, especially P. monticola of western North America.
- noun The wood of certain of these trees, especially P. strobus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of several five-needled pines with white wood and smooth usually light grey bark when young; especially the eastern white pine
- noun soft white wood of white pine trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.