from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nut with winglike projections for thumb and forefinger leverage in turning. Also called thumbnut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nut with wing-like projections to provide leverage in turning; a thumbnut.
- n. One who advocates extreme measures or changes; a radical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any tree of the genus Pterocarya; fruit is a small winged nutlet; Caucasus to southeastern Asia
- n. a threaded nut with winglike projections for thumb and forefinger leverage in turning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
While this is a private site and you do have the right to continue to delete just because some right wing nut job takes offense because they did not like what was said and yet you leave up the whako postings, then all you do is show extreme bending over to the neo-cons nut jobs.