from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The post at the end of a racecourse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The post that marks the end of a racecourse, sometimes equipped with a camera for recording photo finishes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the post, or goal, at the end of a race.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A post or goal in a race-course, the order of passing which determines the issue of the race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the post at the end of a racecourse
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.