from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various herbs of the genus Barbarea of the mustard family, having pinnately divided basal leaves and yellow flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a yellow-flowered cruciferous plant (Barbarea vulgaris).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cruciferous plant, either Barbarea vulgaris or B. præcox. both formerly (and the latter still sparingly) cultivated for winter salad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cress cultivated for winter salads
- n. any plant of the genus Barbarea: yellow-flowered Eurasian cresses; widely cultivated for winter salad
Sorry, no etymologies found.