from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An annual North American grass (Panicum capillare) having branching, purplish panicles.
- n. See couch grass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a North American grass, Panicum capillare
- n. a European grass that spreads rapidly; couch grass
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a kind of grass (Panicum capillare) with minute spikelets on long, slender pedicels forming a light, open panicle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European grass spreading rapidly by creeping rhizomes; naturalized in North America as a weed
- n. North American grass with slender brushy panicles; often a weed on cultivated land
Probably alteration of quitch grass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.